Freeform Point System
Other Recent Releases:
- Network Graph Feature to show how community member are connected. This feature helps to identify engaged and at risk students
- Point displays in the My Participation page use cumulative point earnings and visualize points so that students don’t perceive they are “losing points” at the weekly rollover (additional pending changes to the point display are also coming once classes end)
Released on 12/22/20, this redesign is to make Yellowdig Engage more user friendly, to improve the look and feel of the platform, and to improve the overall user experience on Engage.
- Global navigation menu moved to left-hand column (across the top in mobile) and is accessible in all pages
- Context-dependent left-navigation menu that changes depending on the central content page
- Right-hand column to provide supplemental functionality for each page (e.g., a “trending topics” module for communities is being developed)
- Easily view weekly or monthly points, comments, and reactions in the new "Facts" widget.
- Home screen to allow finding of unseen content, easy access to communities, display of various metrics, and access to community discovery through institutional networks (plans to incorporate more organization-wide features and branding)
- Messages are now readily accessible in the global navigation menu
- In a community the create button and search/sort/filter options are always accessible on the right wherever you happen to be in the feed
- Improved network queries that ensure a student’s current location within a network does not create problems for them easily navigating to their communities in other parts of the organizational network.
Expected to release by 12/23/20, we hope these improvements make your use of our platform even more seamless.
- Editor changes that make @ mentions, hashtags, and emojis work better
- Topic selector improvements and improved interface around “topics required” and the warnings seen if students are not using them
- Math keyboard by MathLive for easier use in STEM courses (hoping before Jan 4)
- ⭐Mobile app (Q1 2021) ⭐
Thank you for supporting us as we continue to learn and grow! We can't wait to hear your feedback on the new updates.
If you have any issues please contact us at email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.
Originally published on 12/17/2020 and updated on 12/22/2020 for final release date information.